Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In the darkest hour

Here I am, sitting in my room, pondering over what the life is all about and why does anything even happen. Thinking all about life I realize how I have done nothing that I ever intended to do, Always compromising, giving up the present for a better future and doing what others wanted me to. This reminds me of one awesome quote from Kung Fu Panda. "You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present'. " Its the quotes like this one that keep inspiring me to think about my life again and again. The more I think about all this, harder and more confusing it gets to live like this. But i have this thing of never giving up, no matter what happens and this is what helps me go on even though it gets too hard at times. This reminds me of more lines from a song : Life is so amusing, Though we are losing . I cant stop thinking about the how awesome the guy who wrote them (Some guy from the rock band Kansas, do listen to their songs) would be. Its because of lines like these that, whenever I am down, all I have to think about is the other aspects of life like the sensation u get when u touch a partially dried of leaf. The feeling that i get on touching is just so different. I cannot explain it but it does make me happy and i think that isn't it amusing that a leaf, which is on verge of drying up and dying, can make someone so happy even when all the other things cannot. This brings me across the fact that its the smallest of things that make you happy most of the time. I will end it here today and will write a quote (this being my first attempt to write something up) that i just made up : Its in the darkest hour that we see the most ... ( Keep thinking .. :P)

3 comments:

  1. Nice..
    subtle transition from pessimism to OPTImism
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Its in the darkest hour that we see the most"
    Ohh ya... All we IITians have open eyes and brains only in the night....
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ vipul ... what i thought while writing that goes much deeper and is more complicated

    ReplyDelete